Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Apartment Homes Fakebook @ The Blue Whale with the Daniel Rosenboom Quintet

Hi everyone — This is the first day in six weeks that I haven't had to devote every free moment to making work and it feels great! I still have to prep my portfolio of photographs from my Romance project for Photo Lucida, but for the moment I wanted to share some of the shots I took at my recent installation show at the Blue Whale. Daniel Rosenboom and his cohorts absolutely wrecked the place with their astounding music and I want to thank them for bringing me on to be part of a really intense and adventurous night. Be on the lookout for a live album/DVD from the night soon! (Some tracks from a previous session with a different band are up at Daniel's Bandcamp site http://danielrosenboom.bandcamp.com/). The photo-cubes came out quite nicely, having the soft light quality of oversized paper lanterns surrounding the band with a menagerie of vignettes that intersected with the songs they had written for the event. Daniel Rosenboom on trumpet, Alex Noice on guitar, Gavin Templeton on reeds, Kai Kurosawa on bass, and Dan Schnelle on drums.















Up next I'll post the photos from the installation with Wreck & Reference, Crowhurst and So Stressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment