Saturday, August 25, 2012

Romance



Hi everyone! I've been busy traveling and paying the bills so I haven't gotten a chance to update the blog in a while. I have a major follow up article planned that will expand my recent post about Chef's knives. The article will feature many of the lessons I've learned from the repository of knowledge from the couple that runs Japanese Knife Imports.

I've also spent that last couple weeks penning a major essay about the complex genres that might bloom from the intersection of photography and video games for another blog, which I'll link here next week once it goes live.

One of my major projects for the summer is finished: I've been itching to get an in-progress portfolios for my Romance & Structure projects online so that everyone can see where it is headed. Set at Rennaisance Faires in America, these are the two related bodies of work that explore the difficulties that photography encounters when trying to examine the complex forces buffeting the intersecting point of social geography, deliberate anachronism and the omnipresent traces of human work.

"Structure" is a series that peers intently, almost trance-like, at the surfaces and forms of the temporary architecture which makes up the Ren Faire towns for the two months they exist every year. http://www.eronrauch.com/ren

"Romance" is a series of threaded panoramas which strive to reconcile the crowds, who both intentionally and accidentally act out their own variant of history paintings, with the the tiny tableaus of details performing their minuets of history in every surface and cranny of the Faire. http://www.eronrauch.com/ren2

I'm looking forward to posting up some great new content as the summer winds down (maybe even a photo essay from the Los Angeles Fried Chicken Festival if I get ambitious?)

No comments:

Post a Comment