After a bit of an audio hiatus, I've got three new recipes developed from my CSA bounty to share this week!
Green Bean & Gorgonzola Bake
Serves 4 with a side salad
1/2 lb green beans, trimmed, cut in to 2" chunks
1/8 c mild blue cheese like gorgonzola
1 tsp lemon juice
3 slices of french bread cut in to 1" chunks
1 small or 1/2 large chopped sweet onion, chopped
1 tsp olive oil
1/8 c cream
1/8 c pine nuts
2 tsp chopped fresh herbs
salt and pepper to taste
1) Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil (about 1 tsp salt in the water). Preheat oven to 350.
2) Boil green beans for 1-2 minutes, until just tender but still bright green.
3) Saute sweet onion for 7-8 minutes over medium low heat in the olive oil, until soft and lightly browned. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
4) Lightly taost pine nuts in a dry skillet for a minute or two.
5) Beat cream, eggs, salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add half of the pine nuts, the lemon juice and all of the fresh herbs.
6) Lightly oil a medium baking dish, round or square. Place the bread chunks in the bottom and the onions on top of the bread. Put the green beans on the onions.
7) Pour egg mixture over the bread, onions and eggs. Sprinkle the remaining pine nuts over. Crumble the gorgonzola on top.
8) Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the eggs are set the the top is lightly brown.
Slice and serve with a crisp, simple salad. You can drizzle with a tiny amount of aged Balsamic for an extra flavor burst!