|Again, you'll notice I made a few changes/improvement |
in the recipe compared to the photo.
Inspired by the classic Korean dish, soon tofu, which is a tofu stew with red chile paste and egg, this simplified version makes for a wonderful dinner.
Tofu, Minced chicken and Mizuna Rice Bowl
Serves 2 over rice
1 block firm fofu, chopped
1/2 lb chicken, chopped
1 small bunch mizuna (1/2 lb - about half a large bunch), stems removed and roughly chopped
1 tbs red chile paste
2 tsb pine nuts, lightly toasted,
2 green onions, sliced
1 tsp sesame oil
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tbs soy sauce
1 tbs rice wine or sherry
1 tsp rice vinegar
1/2 tsp freshly ground white pepper.
1 tbs corn starch
1/2 tsp sugar
1) Mix the soy sauce, rice wine, pepper, corn starch and sugar in a bowl.
2) Add the chicken and let marinate for 20-30 minutes in the fridge, covered.
3) Heat the sesame oil in a work or large skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken mixture and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4) Add the chopped tofu and the chile paste, stir well to combine and cook until chicken is done, 5-8 minutes.
6) Quickly add the mizuna a handful at a time, stirring to combine, until all the mizuna is added and only barely wilted. (Maybe 60 seconds total).
5) Stir in the pine nuts, green onions and rice vinegar. Taste for salt and add more if you want.
7) Turn off heat. Add the egg, stir to combine. Let sit 2 minutes.
8) Serve the fried stew over rice with cold beer or soju!