Wednesday, January 5, 2011

New Year's Resolutions 2011


2010 Vs. 2011! FIGHTO!!!


It's that time of year again, when I return from a brief sojourn to Chicago, dust off the clinging snow and feel pensive about not accomplishing enough in the previous year! [Insert German-Luthern-upbringing-joke here.] As you all recover from your champagne funeral hangovers from 2010, here are a few the the things that I am going to make an effort to figure out for the coming year!


Part 1, Non-Art Resolutions:


Start Playing Tennis Again


Yes, this pops up again. Will this year finally be the year were I buy a racket, don some short-shorts and hit the court for real? I think so.


Learn to Cook Scallops


Callie's favorite seafood, and something I have never endeavored to learn to cook.


Bake With Callie


Her pies are nearly upstaging my cooking — Blasphemy! I must become one with the natives and steal their pie secrets!


Pay off Credit Cards from Grad School


No one likes to talk about money, but I made good headway on this front in the previous year, so now is the time to get those overhead expenses further down.


Get A Record Player


While I have been good about the last year's resolution, which was to actually sink some cash toward supporting the bands that fuel my imagination by purchasing vinyl, I still don't have a record player. "lol"? Yes.


Pick Up A Few Words of Japanese


I would eventually like to travel to Japan, and I did take some basic college Japanese. Do I remember any of it? Not really. Time to relearn!


Go Hiking Every Other Week


There are so many fantastic hikes around Los Angeles that I really want to make it a goal to get out on the trail and kick some dust up often!


Learn to Make My Own Pasta


Okay, so this is another hold-over from the mayhem of last year. I still really want to do this. I just need one of those pasta machines.


Read More


I have a massive stack of books by my bedside begging to be read and an even more intimidating list on my computer that I would like to get through. First, up volumes 3 & 4 of John Crowley's awe-inspiring Aegypt cycle.


Home Stereo Blog


I've been working on bits and pieces of a draft of a series of blog posts about putting together your first nice home stereo for amateurs and will finish it up in the new year!


Comment on Other Blogs More Often


This one is pretty self explanatory — I just don't comment on the blogs I read enough.


Get An Amazon Associates Account


I mention and link a million things on this blog. I should probably have that set up.


In Part Two, I'll cover my intentions toward my art. Thanks for indulging me!



No comments:

Post a Comment